1. If the system is already turned off, power it on.
2. If the system is already on, shutdown the system normally, wait 30 seconds, and then power it back on. DO NOT UNPLUG THE MACHINE as this may cause a power surge that can damage your machine to a non-operational state. You may, however hold down the power button for 30 seconds, you will hear the system click off. Wait 10 seconds and power on.
3. The trick is to hold the Shift button and mash the F8 key, this will sometimes boot you into the new advanced “recovery mode”, where you can choose to see advanced repair options. (See picture below)
4. You will need to click on the Troubleshoot option. (See picture below)
5. Now select Advanced Options. (See picture below)
5. Now choose the Windows Startup Settings option, by the looks of things we were never meant to find Safe Mode. (See picture below)
6. Finally hit the Restart button. (See picture below)